- Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
- Time: 9AM – Noon
- Location: Seminary of the Southwest | 501 E. 32nd Street | Austin, Texas 78705 (Click here for directions)
- Presenter / Content Specialist: Dr. Kevin Gilliland
- CEUs Earned: 3
- Cost: $30, includes a catered fajita lunch to follow seminar.
- Student Discount: If you are a student, please email Jessica Lopez at Events@i360Austin.com with your valid Student I.D. to receive our student price for this CEU.
- Contact: Jessica Lopez at (512) 710-5533 or Events@i360Austin.com
Worry and stress, also known as anxiety, continue to be our most common struggle. There has never been a more considerable time for us to self-monitor and manage our thoughts than in the present age of convenience and connectivity. During this 3-hour CEU presentation, Dr. Gilliland will help you understand the “who, what and why” of worry and stress-induced anxiety.
We need our best thinking when addressing anxiety, and we’ll talk about it across the spectrum – from mildly irritating to severely limiting. Each “Worry Much” CEU includes handouts and thoughtful classroom interaction and discussion.
- The “Who, What & Why” of Anxiety (60 minutes)
During the first hour, we will discuss how people talk about stress and we diagnose it. Our discussion will focus on symptoms, as well as the impact on day-to-day functioning.
- Current Research Shaping the Future (60 minutes)
Our second hour will focus on what we know, and we think about the human mind. While we have an abundance of research about anxiety, the past ten years have provided an abundance of depth and breadth about how the mind works and how we struggle with anxiety.
- Helping Clients Find Relief From Anxiety (60 minutes)
Now that we know more about anxiety, we’ll discuss the practical skills and interventions that can bring relief to symptoms and improve functioning the lives of those who struggle with anxiety.