Howard E. Butt, IV
Chief Executive Office | Innovation360 Austin
Howard serves as the Chief Executive Officer for the Innovation360 Austin team. He is involved in day-to-day operations, team-building and selecting and on-boarding Life Development staff.
He has a deep belief in Innovation360’s treatment model, as well as the people who work and coordinate client care at i360. Howard established the Austin team in order to build on the company’s successful business model.
After graduating from Southern Methodist University , Howard helped start Students in Recovery Peer Support groups for SMU and Texas Christian University (TCU). Prior to forming the Innovation360 Austin team, Howard was a essential member of the Life Development team in Dallas. His dedication to mental health and recovery stems from a personal conviction to fine-tune quality treatment for clients and their families.
FUN FACTS ABOUT HOWARD:
- Favorite quote: “Loyalty is a two-way street. If I’m asking for it from you, then you’re getting it from me.”
- Craziest college job: College. That was my craziest job.
- Show & Tell item: Freebord – snowboard the streets
- Biggest fear: Failure or a great white shark
- Greatest achievement: Establishing and being a part of Innovation 360 Austin
Kristen Butt, MA, LCDC
Managing Partner | Innovation360 Austin
Kristen joined Innovation360 in 2013 with a broad spectrum of experience. Her particular expertise lies in working with adolescents and their families. She believes strongly in working with the whole family, not just their loved one who is struggling, to help them discover a new way to live.
Through her personal and professional experience, Kristen discovered that her passion lies in working with people who are wrestling with addiction, eating disorders, and mood disorders, and subsequently obtained an L.C.D.C. in 2010.
- Eating Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Master of Psychology
Contact Kristen at Kristen@i360Austin.com
Elizabeth Devine, M.Ed., LPC-S
Elizabeth Devine is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor with varied and extensive experience providing therapeutic services. She has served as the Director of Treatment Services for an organization that provides both residential and outpatient services for individuals with substance use disorders, co-occurring mental health conditions and histories of trauma. Elizabeth was also Clinical Coordinator for a renowned treatment center providing support to children and families affected by addiction.
She has provided general counseling for a wide range of individual and family issues to include anxiety, depression, parenting and relationship challenges. She has facilitated specialized work with adult and child victims of abuse as well as delivered intervention and education services to the perpetrators of abuse. She currently provides assessments, counseling and treatment team leadership and collaboration to the clients and families of Innovation360.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ELIZABETH:
- Favorite quote: “He who has a ‘why’ to live can bear almost any ‘how’.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- Craziest college job: Organizing Mary Kay cosmetics for a lady with a pink car
- Show & Tell item: Travel photos
- Biggest fear: The girl in The Exorcist
- Greatest achievement: Motherhood, followed closely by successfully installing the light fixture in my daughter’s bedroom
- Favorite workout song: “Get the Party Started” by Pink
- Mental health disorders
- Substance abuse
- Family & parenting challenges
- Domestic violence
- Child & young adult issues
- Trauma recovery support
- Eating disorders
- Young Adults
- Masters degree in Counseling
Contact Elizabeth at Devine@i360Austin.com
Abi Williams, PhD, LCSW, CGP, CDWF
Consultant & Therapist
Abi currently serves as a consultant and private practice clinician with Innovation360 Austin. She specializes in family-systems focused therapy in the treatment of substance abuse, process addictions and codependency.
Prior to moving to the hill country in 2011, Abi served as Clinical Director of the Center for Recovering Families – Houston for 21 years. She is a licensed clinician with both a Masters and Doctorate in Social Work, a Certified Group Psychotherapist and a Certified Daring WayTM Facilitator. Her passion lies in providing clinical supervision, along with working with people in exploring family of origin dynamics, the development of survival defenses, embracing shame resilience, and healing the impact of overt or covert trauma through a relational framework.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ABI:
- Favorite quote: :“Owning our story and loving ourselves through the process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” Brené Brown
- Craziest college job: Cleaning rat cages in the psychology lab
- Show & Tell item: My adorable Sheltie rescue, Judd
- Biggest fear: Public speaking
- Greatest achievement: Public speaking – and surviving!
- Favorite workout song: Rocky
- Addiction recovery
- Family Systems therapy
- Shame resilience
- Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™ Workshops
- Bachelors degree in Psychology
- Masters and Doctorate degrees in Social Work
- Certified Group Psychotherapist
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator
Contact Abi at Williams@i360Austin.com
Pam Newton, MS, LCDC
Pam serves as an Educator and Counselor for Innovation360. In her role, she provides individual and group counseling with a focus on addiction and recovery for families. Pam also spearheads educational groups for clients, families and community members focusing on the unique challenges often paired with addiction and recovery.
FUN FACTS ABOUT PAM:
- Favorite quote: “It’s easier to build a child that to repair a broken man.” – Fredrick Douglas
- Craziest college job: Washing laundry for juvenile detainees
- Show & Tell item: A video of my mom telling dirty jokes and her favorite Bible verses
- Favorite workout song: All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
- Women and families (including children) of alcoholics
- Bachelors degree in Psychology and Sociology
- Masters degree in Human Relations and Communications
Laura Jones-Swann, M.Ed., LCDC, EMDR, CDWF
Counselor, Educator & Consultant
Laura has been working in the field of substance abuse and dependency for 20+ years. She holds a MEd., and is a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor. She spent 13 years teaching and counseling with the Center for the Study of Addiction at Texas Tech University, then moved to Austin in 1999 where she started the University of Texas at Austin Center for Students in Recovery.
She currently has a private practice in counseling and is adjunct faculty at The University of Texas School of Social Work and Seminary of the Southwest. Laura is trained in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), is certified to administer and interpret the Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI) and is a Certified Daring Way Facilitator (CDWF). Her counseling philosophy emphasizes a holistic approach to life and recovery from addiction.
FUN FACTS ABOUT LAURA:
- Favorite quote: Trust God and let go!
- Craziest college job: Filling jelly donuts at a donut shop
- Show & Tell item: My 40’ RV – named Clifford the Big Brown Dog
- Biggest fear: Not doing all the things I would love to do because of fear, time or money
- Greatest achievement: Raising two beautiful daughters
- Favorite workout song: I have tons of them….right now it is Unwritten.
- University of Texas at Austin
- Seminary of the Southwest
- St. Edward’s University
- BRC Recovery
- University High School
- Assessing and supporting individuals with Substance Use issues
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Trained in Eye Movement Destination Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator
- Texas Teacher Certification – All Level
- Certified Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI) Administrator and Clinical Interpreter
Caroline Currie has a background in residential recovery programs. Her true passion is helping others work through issues of substance abuse, self worth, and other mental health issues. She serves a number of roles for Innovation 360 Austin, including Life Development, Administrative Coordinator, and Client Scheduler.
FUN FACTS ABOUT CAROLINE:
- Favorite quote: “Love has no expectations.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
- Craziest college job: Bartender
- Show & Tell item: I’m a photographer and develop my pictures in a darkroom
- Biggest fear: Cilantro
- Greatest achievement: Conquering the obstacles and fears in my life that I once thought were insurmountable
- Favorite workout song: “Never Scared” Bone Crusher
- Studied Art History at the University of Georgia
Contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adrian Jeter is a clinically trained psychiatric/mental health medical assistant and practice administrator. She brings 13 years of experience in Operations Management, Executive Administration, Project Management, Business Development and Financial Analysis. She is well versed in patient relations and has served as a physicians advocate. Within the mental health field, she has honed her skills in HIPAA compliance, P&P development and contract negotiations.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ADRIAN:
- Favorite quote: “The past does not equal the future.” – Tony Robbins
- Craziest college job: Animal sanctuary
- Show & Tell item: Handmade pottery
- Biggest fear: Centipedes
- Favorite workout song: Anything by Odesza
Vanessa is a Licensed Professional Counselor Intern and is supervised by Elizabeth Devine, M.Ed., LPC-S. She helped launch the i360 Austin office and provided support as the office coordinator. She currently facilitates assessments, provides counseling for individual clients, and serves as a client advocate for the clients and families of Innovation360 Austin.Vanessa practices from a multi-disciplinary approach and provides collaborative, strength-based counseling for individuals, families, and couples.
FUN FACTS ABOUT VANESSA:
- Favorite quote: “It may be that when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.” -Wendell Berry
- Craziest college job: Starbucks barista, I have fond memories of opening the store at 3 AM for Black Friday shoppers
- Show & Tell item: A handmade turkey costume I made for my nephew (with feathers!)
- Biggest fear: Being lost at sea
- Greatest achievement: Helping launch i360 Austin while completing my graduate coursework and counseling clients
- Favorite workout song: “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by JT
- Relationship challenges
- Spiritual challenges
- Life Development
- Young Adults
- Masters in Educational Psychology
- Masters in Counseling
Contact Vanessa at Nering@i360Austin.com
Director of Life Development
Nic Ballejo’s background has been in the recovery field doing everything from direct client care to developing and directing multiple recovery programs. Nic works with the Life Development team to help men struggling with mental health disorders, chemical dependency and a variety of other emotional and spiritual challenges.
FUN FACTS ABOUT NIC:
- Favorite quote: “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”- Zig Ziglar
- Craziest college job: Bartender
- Show & Tell item: Juno the English Bulldog
- Biggest fear: Fear it self
- Greatest achievement: Sobriety and everything after
- Favorite workout song: “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” by Daft Punk
- Alcohol/Drugs (Use, Abuse and Addiction)
- Executives / Business Professionals
- Teenagers and Adults
Contact Nic at Ballejo@i360Austin.com
Life Development Team Lead
Works in the practical application of therapeutic programs with individual clients. Typically excel with clients interested in exploring metaphysical experience and their place in the grander scheme of life. Worked with young life for many years working with young men entering the experience of life without immense parental direction. Navigating what it means to be a man for themselves and applying a narrative of their goals into a practical healthy lifestyle.
FUN FACTS ABOUT KELLY:
- Favorite quote: ” We are far too easily pleased…I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”- C.S. Lewis
- Craziest college job: Worked at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park in the Lemur and Butterfly exhibits
- Show & Tell item: A Book on Marine Mammals
- Biggest fear: Cockroaches…..and subduing the adventurer within
- Greatest achievement: I have a published Bioinformatics report on a fly gene, and a technical report published for Western Bluebird nestling development.
- Favorite workout song: Superhuman- Andy Mineo
- Spiritual Pursuits
- Teenage and young adult males
- B.S. In Evolutionary Biology at the University of New Mexico
- One year graduate work at Southern California Seminary
Contact Kelly at Hutchins@i360Austin.com
Jessica Lopez is the Client Liaison at Innovation 360, in her role she has the privilege of navigating families through the initial steps of care. She has spent the majority of her professional career advocating for clients in the substance abuse field. In her free time, she loves spending quality time with her miniature dachshund, Bentley.
FUN FACTS ABOUT JESSICA:
- Favorite quote: “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- Craziest college job: I had one job throughout college, and I loved it!
- Show & Tell item: A table or other piece of furniture I’ve built (woodworking)
- Biggest fear: Snakes
- Favorite workout song: “Dance Like This” by Wyclef Jean
- Bachelor’s in Psychology
Contact Jessica at Lopez@i360Austin.com