Life Development® is a unique service developed to help you successfully translate insights gained in therapy into practical use in the “real world”. The Life Development® team is comprised of individuals who are committed to their own wellness and want to assist others in finding balance. These individuals join you outside of the four walls of a counseling office to provide moral support, guidance, and assistance in your everyday life. The length and frequency of sessions are scheduled with intention to aid you in developing routines, habits, and patterns that create a positive, fulfilling lifestyle.
Why Life Development®?
Sometimes we struggle to move forward. It’s not always because we aren’t motivated or don’t care. Very often it’s because we need someone who can start the conversation, plant a new idea, and ignite the desire for a different life.
Life Development® provides you with relationships that model healthy behavior, encourages change and provides the hope that depression, anxiety, or substance abuse can be overcome – that life can be very different.
How does Life Development® work?
- We provide a healthy perspective. We analyze your situation and offer new ideas you might not have generated on your own.
- We help you begin your work. We practice new skills with you and reinforce principles, behaviors and expectations necessary to making changes.
- We support you in breaking down real and perceived barriers. In turn, we model healthy behaviors and boundaries as a reminder of how to show up in society.
- We offer challenges. By mirroring your potential, we are able to stretch you beyond what you think you are capable of.
- We are aware. We know how to apply and release pressure, speak the truth, and remain mindful of the appropriate timing and intensity of doing so.
- We offer encouragement in everything. We are committed to acknowledging even the smallest progress.
- We carry hope and belief in you, even when you don’t have it for yourself.