Understanding how our culture and community defines and supports the lofty and possibly dysfunctional expectations for men and recognizing our sometime misguided sense of masculinity, this group experience is designed to relieve and unburden us by increasing our awareness of more functional definition of who we are and how we relate, in an attempt to develop more realistic expectations for ourselves as men, fathers and husbands and improve our connections with peers, family and community.
This group will establish a safe, consistent format for member’s to explore and develop insights and skills to deal with:
- Current functioning in important relationships and how to improve our personal effectiveness
- Myths and misunderstandings of our sense of ourselves as men
- Identify and recover those parts of ourselves that allow a fuller expression of our individuality
- Recognize and use the power of the group’s feedback to enhance our ability to see ourselves more clearly and take responsibility for changes we wish to make.
- Date: Every Friday
- Time: 11:30AM to 1PM
- Location: i360 Austin | 6850 Austin Center Blvd. |Suite 210 | Austin, Texas 78731 (Click for directions)
- Facilitators: Richard Wallace, LCSW -S
- Cost: Call for details
- RSVP: (512) 710-5533 or RScott.Wallace@Yahoo.com